COMIC OF THE YEAR– The Blue City’s grand annual comedy competition
Winners, Runner Ups of Comic of the Month ’22 and Special Picks (30 Local comics)will compete for the chance to win money, opportunities and tools to continue honing their craft EACH ROUND they advance and a bonus prize of a $1,000 and the title of COMIC OF THE YEAR – if they take it all in the 4 WEEK COMPETITION.
How it Works
Judges score each set and audience votes for their favorites to crown the champion!!!
The person who wins this, will win because they have the strongest, most cohesive 20-minute set. We are creating World-Wide Worthy Features here!!!
Check out the finest the Treasure Valley has to offer.
All of these competitors showed up for 2022 and now is the time for rewards!
- Round 1: 7pm – Two Nights, PART 1 – January 6 & PART 2- January 7.
- 15 comics – Each night – 5 minute set – 7 are chosen from each night, 14 move on to Round 2.
- Round 2: 7pm on January 13.
- The 14 that moved on give us a new five minutes, no repeated material from the first week. 7 go on to Round 3.
- Round 3: 7pm on January 20.
- A new 10 minutes, no repeated material from the first two weeks. The top 4 will move on to the FINALS.
- FINALS: 7pm on January 27.
- This is where the top 4 bring their best 20-minute set. Repeated material is allowed. The person who wins this, will win because they have the strongest, most cohesive 20-minute set. We are creating World-Wide Worthy Features here!!!
Doors 6 PM – Show @ 7PM
Online: $25 I Door: $30
Host: Tyson Gusman
Your Judges: TBA
ROUND 2 – Friday, January 13th:
- Emmanuel Vera
- LJ Sullivan
- Brittany Hargis
- Kris Sharma
- Katie Lotz
- Greg Sisco
And 7 finalists from – ROUND 1, PART 2 – Saturday, January 7
- Tanya Cope
- Montana Burke
- Parker Krahn
- Tyler Wolf
- Myles Mathews
- Josh Price
- Aaron Wiemiller
- Tilly the Comic
- Jack Wheeler
- Danny Monsoon
- Reese Samuels
- Andrea Wilson
- Chris Sundberg
- Niko Lukoff
- Ian Yearsley
Mad Swede Downtown Brew Hall is bringing you award winning beer and wintery hard seltzers. Have you tried their hop water yet!?! Swedish meatballs, hand pies and the most delicious beer dogs!
Come have dinner and a show – EVERY WEEKEND @ Mad Swede Downtown!
Savor the voyage!
Wanna be in the Comedy Loop?
Follow The Blue City on FB and IG and Eventbrite at @BlueCityComedy