Ahhh, the solstice. The darkest day of the year, but also the day you can rest assured that the sunlight is now returning. It’s a sliver of comfort in the frigid Idaho months, as it was in the Northern European lands the vikings called home.
Yule love our traditional Winter Solstice celebration:
- Fire pits will be burning the Yule Log all day. Carve or burn a magical rune into a log and sacrifice it to Odin in the Yule fire.
- Hear classic viking folklore read aloud by the talented Boise Bard Players
- Make your own Yule wreath
- Sample mead with Mythic Mead, and stock up on cozy beeswax candles from their bees.
- Taste a “Braggot,” a hybrid of Mead and Beer
- Warm up by the fires with hot mulled wine
- Eat wood-fired pizza from Fire Giant’s Pizza Forge
This is a free, all-ages, community event and all are welcome.